Echinacea also known as Cone Flowers, have grown in popularity recently partly due to more gardeners adopting a naturalistic or ‘prairie’ style of planting. This style sees a mixture of low maintenance flowering perennials and grasses used in a free flowing planting scheme to create a relaxed, natural feel. So what makes Echinacea ideal for your garden?
- They are summer and autumn flowering – Echinacea flower later than many other perennials providing a beautiful display of colour during late summer and autumn.
- They area adored by bees – Echinacea have nectar rich flowers that attract bees and other pollinators and we all know how vital they are to the garden!
- They are low maintenance – Echinacea have strong, sturdy stems so don’t need support from stakes or frames unlike some perennials and have good resistance to pests and diseases.
- They suit any style of garden – Echinacea can be used in many different garden styles to great effect. Whether your garden is Architectural, Courtyard, Cottage, Container, Prairie or Wildlife, Echinacea will provide a structure and colour.
- They can be enjoyed in the home as well as the garden - Echinacea make excellent cut flowers.
We have a great collection of Echinacea available in-store or on-line and our friendly team are always on hand to help you choose the perfect one for your garden.