Grafted vegetables offer disease resistant roots and provide earlier and higher-yielding crops...what's not to love?
The technique of grafting has been used in the production of fruit trees for many years where popular varieties of apples, plums etc. are 'grafted' onto an alternative root stock to suit the needs of the grower. Recent years have seen the technique's use diversify into the greenhouse vegetable sector with tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and aubergines all now available on grafted root stock.
Grafted plants offer the following:
- Strong plant growth, strong roots
- High resistance to soil-borne diseases
- Better leaf quality and therefore better quality of fruits
- Considerably high fruit yields
- Crops ready to harvest earlier
More information on grafted tomatoes and our range can be found here