Orange is the colour of joy and creativity...the perfect attributes for any garden planting scheme.
Plants with orange flowers or foliage bring warmth and intensity into your garden and with a vast range of shades available there is certain to be a variety just right for you.
You can bring out the best in both bright and pale oranges by combining them with complimentary colours:
- Blue flowers give a magnificent effect, highlighting bright orange hues and making the colours 'pop' out of your border or container
- Fiery orange with blue and yellow flowers creates a sizzling combination
- A classic combination of orange, blue and red always works well
- Orange, red and yellow give a hot, fiery blaze of colour
- The shared red values of orange and purple allow them to compliment each other surprisingly well, sometimes even within the same plant as found in the West Country Lupin 'Masterpiece'
- Pink alongside orange gives a super vibrant display that is certain to catch the eye and dazzle
- Orange and lime greens work well together with them both having yellow values, a great example of this is Kniphofia (red hot poker)
- Pale oranges alongside silver-leaf plants harmonise to give a beautiful combination