Acer crataegifolium ‘Veitchii’
Description: A large shrub or small tree, densely branching. Long dark green leaves with striking white and pale pink variegation in summer, then brilliant pink and purple in autumn. Gives a better foliage display when planted in sun or light, dappled shade and sheltered from strong winds.
History: From Veitch nursery in England, introduced in 1881.
Growing Tips: Very easy to grow in a wide range of well-drained soils. They thrive in sun but with partial shade to protect the leaves from scorch. A sheltered area away from strong winds is preferred.
Height and Spread (after 10 years): 3m x 2m
Common name: Maple
Silver / Green Foliage
Tree size after 10 years - Small
- BrandFrank Matthews - Trees for Life
- AspectNorth-facing, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing
- Foliage ColourGreen, Orange, Pink, Purple
- Foliage TypeDeciduous
- Garden StyleArchitectural, City & Courtyard Garden, Cottage & Informal Garden, Japanese Garden
- Hardiness (RHS rating)H6 -20 to -15ºC. Hardy - very cold winter
- MoistureMoist but well-drained, Well-drained
- pHAcid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Plant HabitSpreading / Branched, Standard
- Plant TypeTree
- Pot Size12L, 12L
- Season of InterestSpring, Summer, Autumn
- Soil TypeChalk, Clay, Loam, Sand
- Special AttributesAttractive Bark, Attractive Foliage, Autumn Foliage Colour, Easy to Grow, Low Maintenance
- Spread cm200cm
- SunlightFull Sun, Partial Shade
This product is only available for local delivery to the postcodes below via our own delivery service. We will contact you to arrange delivery within 7 days of your order being placed.
£10.00 – NE13, NE20, NE3, NE5
£15.00 – NE12, NE15, NE2, NE23, NE4, NE7
£20.00 – NE1, NE21, NE22, NE24, NE28, NE40, NE41 - 42, NE6, NE8
£25.00 – NE10, NE11, NE16 - 17, NE25 - 26, NE30, NE39, NE43, NE61 – 64, NE9
£30.00 – NE31 – 38
Write a review about "Acer crataegifolium 'Veitchii'"
We want to know your opinion! Write a review about the product “Acer crataegifolium 'Veitchii'” and win a National Gardening Gift Voucher of £25 !