Acer crataegifolium ‘Veitchii’
Description: A large shrub or small tree, densely branching. Long dark green leaves with striking white and pale pink variegation in summer, then brilliant pink and purple in autumn. Gives a better foliage display when planted in sun or light, dappled shade and sheltered from strong winds.
History: From Veitch nursery in England, introduced in 1881.
Growing Tips: Very easy to grow in a wide range of well-drained soils. They thrive in sun but with partial shade to protect the leaves from scorch. A sheltered area away from strong winds is preferred.
Height and Spread (after 10 years): 3m x 2m
Common name: Maple
Silver / Green Foliage
Tree size after 10 years - Small
- BrandFrank Matthews - Trees for Life
- AspectNorth-facing, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing
- Foliage ColourGreen, Orange, Pink, Purple
- Foliage TypeDeciduous
- Garden StyleArchitectural, City & Courtyard Garden, Cottage & Informal Garden, Japanese Garden
- Hardiness (RHS rating)H6 -20 to -15ºC. Hardy - very cold winter
- MoistureMoist but well-drained, Well-drained
- pHAcid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Plant HabitSpreading / Branched, Standard
- Plant TypeTree
- Pot Size12L, 12L
- Season of InterestSpring, Summer, Autumn
- Soil TypeChalk, Clay, Loam, Sand
- Special AttributesAttractive Bark, Attractive Foliage, Autumn Foliage Colour, Easy to Grow, Low Maintenance
- Spread cm200cm
- SunlightFull Sun, Partial Shade
This product is only available for local delivery to the postcodes below via our own delivery service. We will contact you to arrange delivery, which will be within 7 days of your order being placed.
£12.50 – NE3, NE5, NE13, NE20
£17.50 – NE2, NE4, NE7, NE12, NE15, NE23
£25.00 – NE1, NE6, NE8, NE18, NE21 - 22, NE24, NE28, NE40 - 42
£30.00 – NE9 - NE11, NE16 - 17, NE19, NE25 - 26, NE30, NE39, NE43, NE61 – 64
£35.00 – NE31 – 38, NE44 - 46, SR1, SR4 - 6
£40.00 – NE47, NE49, NE65, DH1 - 9, SR2 - 3, SR7
Write a review about "Acer crataegifolium 'Veitchii'"
We want to know your opinion! Write a review about the product “Acer crataegifolium 'Veitchii'” and win a National Gardening Gift Voucher of £25!