Acer pseudoplatanus ‘Brilliantissimum’
Description: Acer pseudoplatanus 'Brilliantissimum' is a distinctive small mop-headed, slow growing tree. Spring foliage opens salmon pink, turning greenish-yellow marbled during the summer. Displays greenish-yellow flowers in the spring and winged red fruits in the autumn. The symmetrical shape of this tree makes it suitable for small gardens as a lawn specimen or to add height in borders. Received an Award of Garden Merit in 1925 and a First Class Certificate in 1977 from the Royal Horticultural Society.
Growing Tips: Very easy to grow in a wide range of well-drained soils. They thrive in sun but with partial shade to protect the leaves from scorch. A sheltered area away from strong winds is preferred.
Height and Spread (after 10 years): 4m x 3m
Common name: Maple
Pink / Green Foliage
Growth rate: Slow
Tree size after 10 years - Slow
Flowering month: May
Can be hard pruned
- BrandFrank Matthews - Trees for Life
- AspectNorth-facing, East-facing, South-facing, West-facing
- AwardAGM (Award of Garden Merit) RHS
- Flower ColourGreen, Yellow
- Flower FormSingle
- Flowering MonthApril, May
- Foliage ColourGreen, Pink, Yellow
- Foliage TypeDeciduous
- Fruit ColourRed
- Garden StyleArchitectural, City & Courtyard Garden, Cottage & Informal Garden, Japanese Garden
- Hardiness (RHS rating)H6 -20 to -15ºC. Hardy - very cold winter
- MoistureMoist but well-drained, Well-drained
- pHAcid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Plant HabitSpreading / Branched, Standard
- Plant TypeTree
- Pot Size12L, 12L
- Season of InterestSpring, Summer, Autumn
- Soil TypeChalk, Clay, Loam, Sand
- Special AttributesAttractive Foliage, Autumn Foliage Colour, Berries or Fruit, Easy to Grow, Low Maintenance
- Spread cm300cm
- SunlightFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Tree FormTop Worked at 120cm
This product is only available for local delivery to the postcodes below via our own delivery service. We will contact you to arrange delivery within 7 days of your order being placed.
£10.00 – NE13, NE20, NE3, NE5
£15.00 – NE12, NE15, NE2, NE23, NE4, NE7
£20.00 – NE1, NE21, NE22, NE24, NE28, NE40, NE41 - 42, NE6, NE8
£25.00 – NE10, NE11, NE16 - 17, NE25 - 26, NE30, NE39, NE43, NE61 – 64, NE9
£30.00 – NE31 – 38
Write a review about "Acer pseudoplatanus 'Brilliantissimum' (Top Worked)"
We want to know your opinion! Write a review about the product “Acer pseudoplatanus 'Brilliantissimum' (Top Worked)” and win a National Gardening Gift Voucher of £25 !